This course focuses on all 3D modelling aspects of computer aided design (CAD) using the latest form of Inventor.
Inventor Professional is the industry standard for all 3D modelling (product design, engineering, mechanical design, furniture design).
This course is highly suited to learners who are seeking to use Inventor professionally and would like to increase their knowledge, confidence and employability in such a niche industry.
- Applicants must be computer literate and have some understanding of basic engineering drawings.
- This qualification is asssessed via two practical timed assessments and one online multiple choice test.
- Using associated IT
- CAD hardware and operating systems
- Using basic file management techniques and maintaining health and safety requirements
- Understanding the parametric modelling process, the user interface and how to access help and tutorials
- Using a range of commands to create and constrain sketches
- Using a range of commands to produce extruded and revolved features
- Using placed features to modify parametric models
- Using methods to create assemblies
- Using the drawing layout environment to produce hard copies