- change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver)
These websites are run by the Middlesbrough College Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use these websites. This means you should be able to:
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible these websites are
We know some parts of these websites are not fully accessible and we are currently working to improve them:
- some pre-recorded videos do not have captions for speech or other actions, such as facial expressions
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Here are some of the ways our websites are currently accessible:
- basic written content, is accessible by assistive technologies like screen readers
- you can skip repetitive content with your keyboard
- you can zoom in and out of content across our website
- our pages are structured logically with titles and headers that are descriptive, allowing you to scan content
- you can access our content with a screen reader in the most appropriate language and pronunciations
We also use accessibility tool Recite Me on our websites to ensure more people can access the Middlesbrough College Groups websites. This tool can be utilised by clicking ‘Accessibility Tools’ in the top navigation bar. Here are some of the ways this tool makes the website accessible:
- Reading text aloud
- Changing the font size and style
- Changing the background
- Enabling a ruler
- Enabling a screen mask
- Enabling a dictionary
- Changing the language
- Enabling text-mode
- Downloading audio files
- Enabling a magnifying glass
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on these websites in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille:
We will consider your request and get back to you in 7 days. If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with our websites
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our websites. If you have any accessibility issues with our websites that are not listed on this page, or if we could improve our website accessibility, please get in touch with the Website and Digital Lead of Middlesbrough College Group, Zoe James, on email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired, or have a speech impediment.
Find out how to contact us by visiting https://www.mbro.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us.
Technical information about our website’s accessibility
The Middlesbrough College Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Our websites are currently compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix these historical PDF documents.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to all historical video streams because video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
We aware the third-party app, Trengo, used for communication purposes, is not fully compliant. We are working with the company that developed Trengo to make it more accessible. We will update this statement when the app is fully compliant with accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 2nd October 2023.
Middlesbrough College Group websites were redesigned and launched on 19th October 2023.