Apply the knowledge and experience you have to industrial applications and settings and kick start your career in industry. Develop and perfect practical skills in our £20m STEM Centre and be at the forefront of the job market.
Northern Skills Group are providing a free two week training programme for students graduating this summer and are struggling to find employment. Our two week practical training programme focuses on the key skills and behaviours sought by employers in industry, Boost your CV and gain valuable experience across many secotrs including:
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge to workshop/industrial practice
- Work safely in Engineering or Science based environments
- Understand and follow quality standards relevant to the workplace
- Participate in continuous improvement activity
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Complete documentation relevant to the Engineering/Science process
- Understand the business environment
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the required sector and job role
- Manage time effectively and complete work to schedule
This training programme has been developed in partnership with industry and will be reviewed by partner employers; it has been designed to meet the professional standards of the Engineering and Science industries.