The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Welding provides learners with the key skills and knowledge required to progress in this technical role.
You can either specialise in welding plate or pipe dependant on the companies welding specialism.During the apprenticeship you will also undertake a City and Guilds technical certificate.
In addition to the technical certificate they will also undertake a CITB/NVQ (competence unit) in the workplace collecting a portfolio of evidence, and will be assessed at their place of work by a college assessor.
- Employment in a suitable role for the chosen apprenticeship is essential. Northern Skills Group will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible but we advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to actively seek employment for themselves.
- Applicants are required to have gained a Level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades A-C). Certificated will need to be produced at enrolment. If proof cannot be produced or you do not meet these entry requirements then applicants will be invited to complete an initial assessment prior to acceptance.
- An interview will also take place.
- If you do not have a grade A-C in English and/or maths (grade 7-4 for new GCSE measures) you will be required to continue studying these subjects.
- A Level 2 welding qualification is an essential for this apprenticeship
- ECITB Work based assessment: Compiling an evidence portfolio of practical activities on site.
- City & Guilds assessments: Completing both practical and online theory based examinations.
- Contribute to effective working relationships
- Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies
- Interpret welding procedures, specifications and standards.
- Health & safety
- Hand cutting and shaping processes
- Move loads in engineering
- Fabrication, installation and dismantling of pipework systems