The student will need a suitably qualified person to be their day-to-day.
The mentor will:
- Hold regular weekly check-ins to track and review the student’s progress
- Remind the student to complete their logbook and sign the fortnightly student reflection
- Identify and deal with any issues (e.g. relating to colleagues, work content, workload etc) at an early stage
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to the student and encourage the student to think and problem-solve for themselves where possible
- Meet (via phone or in person) with T Level work based learning assessor regularly to review progress as well as attend a midpoint and final review meeting with the student and their assessor to discuss the student’s progress, review their learning objectives and make any changes to improve the placement.