Need advice on the Apprenticeship Reforms?

Book an appointment

Key things you should know

  • There are new Apprenticeship Standards currently being developed which are designed by employers
  • Every standard will be allocated to a funding band of which there are 15 of in total with the upper limit ranging from £1,500 to £27,000
  • For every £1 invested by employers towards apprenticeship funding, the Government will invest an additional £2 up to a maximum cap 
  • The start of the new apprenticeship funding system will be 1 May 2017 and any apprenticeships started from this date will be funded according to the new rules
  • The Apprenticeship Levy, part of the reform, will be in place from April 6th 2017 however, funds will not appear in an employer's digital account until just before the end of May for levy paid on their April payroll
  • Employers with an annual payroll over £3 million will pay 0.5% of their wage bill towards the levy
  • Levy paying employers will also receive £15,000 funding towards their apprenticeship training, in the form of a digital voucher
  • This voucher can be used to purchase training from recognised providers, to both new and existing staff with no set age limit
  • Non levy paying employers (98% of you) who wish to take on an apprentice will co-invest 10% towards apprenticeship training and will benefit from government funding to cover the remaining 90%
  • Employers with lessr than 50 employees will be able to train 16-18 year old apprentices without paying any contribution towards training, the Government will pay 100% the training costs
  • As an employer, you can play a key role in the development of the new apprenticeship standards

Northern Skills Group are offering free consultations to advise on preparing for the reform and how it will affect your workforce development