Bricklayers lay bricks, blocks and other types of building components in mortar to construct and repair walls, foundations, partitions, arches and other structures e.g. chimney stacks. They might also refurbish brickwork and masonry on restoration projects. The range of sites and projects that bricklayers will work on include large commercial developments, new builds in housing, alterations, extensions and restorations.
If not already achieved, the Apprentice will have to achieve Level 1 English and maths and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking their end-point assessment.
- This qualification is assessed through site based evidence portfolio and knowledge question papers.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace