The team at Northern Skills Group are on hand to discuss any available funding options for your business and support you with eligibility criteria along with how to apply. Funding may be available to support the cost of your apprentice’s training and their salary.
TEES VALLEY COMBINED AUTHORITY APPRENTICESHIP SUPPORT FOR EMPLOYER
Apprenticeship Support Grant is available to SMEs identified by Tees Valley Combined Authority as being in one of the above Priority Sectors:
- Apprentices Aged 16-18 – Grant of £3,000 is available
- Apprentices Aged 19+ – Grant of £2,000 is available
The employer and Apprentice must meet the following criteria:
- Be an SME (249 or less employees, across all sites)
- Business must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months (up to Apprenticeship start date)
- Apprentices workplace must be located in Tees Valley (see postcode checker available on the website)
- Employer must commit to paying the Apprentice a minimum of 30 hours per week and at least the Apprentice National Minimum Wage for their age, including time for off-the-job training
- Employer must ensure the Apprenticeship is being delivered by an approved training provider (see Register of Training Providers)
- Apprentice and Employer must commit to completing a minimum of 12 months or the time it takes to complete the Apprenticeship
- Apprentices must start their learning from 1st February 2020
Priority Sectors include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Process, Chemicals and Energy
- Health and Biologics
- Digital and Creative
- Business and Professional Services
- Health Care
- Culture & Leisure
or speak to Northern Skills Group for more information on how to apply.
TEES VALLEY BUSINESS COMPASS GROWTH FUND
Access up to 33% funding for business growth projects.
Tees Valley Business Compass can provide you with tailored funding and support to help your business grow.
- You can access funding for:
- Developing marketing strategies
- Getting your business online
- Workforce training plans
- Product and service development
- Business process review
- Plus many more!
Skills Support for the Workforce
Available to businesses with fewer than 250 employees, this support is designed to help individuals up-skill and improve their knowledge or for employees who need to fill a skills gap. Through the Skills Support for the Workforce Grant Northern Skills Group can offer you and your workforce a complete and tailored training solution aligned to your individual business needs.
To find out more about how Northern Skills Group can help access this grant or to discuss other funding available, contact us online or speak with a member of our team on 03453 40 40 40.