This aims to cover period inspection and testing of existing installations to ensure they remain safe and efficient.
It is the latest most up to date inspection and testing course from City & Guilds. Following this new 2395 course you will be able to inspect and test a range of installations in both domestic and commercial settings and most importantly this will allow you test and inspect existing installations carried out by other domestic installers or electricians.
This course will teach you the principles, practices and legislation for Periodic Inspection and Testing and reporting of electrical installations in accordance with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements.
- 4th to 7th Jan
- 15th to 18th Feb
- 15th to 18th March
- 12th to 16th April
- Existing contractors who already have knowledge of inspection and testing.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of testing electrical installations or already completed one of the previous versions of this course.
Must be 18+.
You will be assessed in 3 ways; one online multiple choice exam, one written paper and also a practical assessment. These break down as follows:
- Online Multiple Choice Exam
- Written Exam at *Nationally Set Dates and Times
- Practical Exam
- The written examination date and time is set nationally and commences at regular intervals set by City and Guilds.
- This is to enable you to get the most benefit out of the course and enough time to deal with any learning issues that should arise.
- Practical Assessments will be booked in once you have pass your paper exams.
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for Inspecting and Testing of existing electrical installations
- The completion of the Electrical Installation
- Condition Report and Supporting Documentation
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications