The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Manufacturing Engineering provides essential skills and knowledge across a broad selection of areas within the engineering sector, from enrolling on this Level 3 qualification learners will develop the practical skills and knowledge required to work in the industry.
The framework covers key subjects such as engineering techniques and mechanical principles and applications and prepares for progression into future employment.
- Employment in a suitable role for the chosen apprenticeship is essential. Northern Skills Group will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible but we advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to actively seek employment for themselves.
- Applicants are required to have gained a Level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades A-C). Certificated will need to be produced at enrolment. If proof cannot be produced or you do not meet these entry requirements then applicants will be invited to complete an initial assessment prior to acceptance.
- An interview will also take place.
- If you do not have a grade A-C in English and/or maths (grade 7-4 for new GCSE measures) you will be required to continue studying these subjects.
- This qualification is assessed through various formative, summative, on job and off job assessment including observation and performance in the work environment and witness testimony.
- Manual machining
- Machine tool setting
- Fitting and assembly
- Composite manufacture