As a Data Technician the apprentice would source, format and present data securely in a relevant way for analysis using basic methods; to communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience; analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes; blend data from multiple sources as directed and apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data.
The apprenticeship consists of work based and classroom learning to support learners to gain the knowledge and skills required for end-point assessment.
Possible Job roles:
• Data Support Analyst
• Data Technician
• Junior Data Analyst
• Junior Information Analyst
- Employment in a suitable role for the chosen apprenticeship is essential. Northern Skills Group will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible but we advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to actively seek employment for themselves.
- Applicants are required to have gained a Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE Grades 9-4 / A-C). Certificates will need to be produced at enrolment.
Scenario Demonstration with questioning.
Professional Discussion underpinned by a portfolio.
Elements covered are:
- Source data from a collection of already identified trusted sources in a secure manner
- Collate and format data to facilitate processing and presentation for review and further advanced analysis by others
- Present data for review and analysis by others, using required medium for example tables, charts and graphs
- Blend data by combining data from various sources and formats
- Analyse simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes using basic statistical methods to analyse the data
- Validate results of analysis using various techniques
- Communicate results verbally, through reports and technical documentation and tailoring the message for the audience
- Store, manage and share data securely in a compliant manner
- Collaborate with people both internally and externally
- Practice continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments
- Summative portfolio
This provides evidence against the standard based on the application of knowledge, skills and behaviours to real projects in the work environment. This information and evidence will be gathered throughout the apprenticeship. The portfolio will be reviewed externally by an End Point Assessor