The glass industry is a vital part of the supply chain or as a supplier of end products and the industry makes a substantial contribution to the UK economy.
This qualification is at Level 3, and should be taken by those who are experienced surveyors, capable of dealing with a wide range of problems, including working with installations that have complex requirements. Candidates will often take a technical
supervisory role, particularly in relation to less-experienced surveyors.
Candidates for this qualification will primarily be working on and could be assessed in the context of surveying activities linked to window and doors or conservatories, or curtain walling.
This Apprenticeship is ideal for those working in the context of surveying activities linked to window and doors or conservatories, or curtain walling.
- Employment in a suitable role for the chosen apprenticeship is essential. Northern Skills Group will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible but we advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to actively seek employment for themselves.
- Applicants are required to have gained a Level 2 English and maths (GCSE Grades A-C). Certificates will need to be produced at enrolment.
- An interview will take place.
- If you do not have a grade A to C in English and / or maths (grade 7-4 for new GCSE measures) you will be required to continue studying these subjects.
- This qualification is assessed through work-based evidence stored in an electronic portfolio (Smart Assessor).
- Assessment methods include observation in the workplace, product evidence, knowledge questions and witness statements.
- FIS3 Maintain Health and Safety in the Fenestration Installation Surveying
- FIS1 Understanding the Building Regulations in the Fenestration Industry
FIS 11 Identify Fenestration Installation
- AG3 Communicating and Working with Others in the Glass and Related Working
- FIS 12 Produce specifications for window and door, Curtain wall or conservatory
- AG18 Ensure Resources are Available to Meet Work Requirements in a Glass or Glass
Related Working Environment
- AG2 Promote and Maintain Health and Safety in a Glass or Glass Related Environment