Apprenticeships allow 16+ year olds to start work and earn a wage, while learning new skills that lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Apprenticeships are designed with the help of employers in the industry, so they offer a structured programme that takes Apprentices through the skills needed to do a job well. Most of an Apprentice’s training takes place on the job but they will also have to complete off-the-job training within the college.
Working in a Logistics environment where the learner will be involved with distributive operations such as dealing with the handling and storing of goods within a commercial, industrial or removers’ warehouses, or freight facility, movement of goods, customer service and stock control.
This framework will help to attract, retain and develop talent in the Logistics/supply chain sector. By providing a broad base of training and delivery across the units/skills there will be increased productivity for the employer and employee.
- Employment in a suitable role for the chosen apprenticeship is essential. Northern Skills Group will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible but we advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to actively seek employment for themselves.
- Applicants are required to have gained a Level 2 English and maths (GCSE Grades A-C). Certificates will need to be produced at enrolment. If proof cannot be produced or you do not meet these entry requirements, then applicants will be invited to complete an initial assessment prior to acceptance.
- An interview will take place.
- If you do not have a grade A to C in English and / or Maths (grade 7-4 for new GCSE measures) you will be required to continue studying these subjects.
- Online exam during or at the end of the course/units
- Practical assessment/ ERR work book
- Portfolio assessment
- Make an Effective Contribution to a Business in the Logistics Sector
- Health, Safety and Security at Work
- Optimise the Use of Logistics Resources
- Improve Performance in Logistics Operations